Thursday, October 12, 2006

school days

To be honest, work in Japan is really not stressful for me. Since I am only a teaching assistant, I do not really need to prepare for lessons, nor do I mark tests and homework. A lot of times at junior high schools I just need to make sure students have the correct pronunciation, and that they spell the words correctly.

Oh yeah, this is actually what I do in Japan (of course I am joking!!). Well, I sure do miss those sports meets when I was in Taiwan. Now I get a chance to watch it as a spectator, it feels kind of unfamiliar though.

Occasionally, I get to teach at kindergarten for one day. You have no idea how cute everything is at a kindergarten. Visitors like me are appreciated to eat lunch with the students. The lunchboxes are so small, yet so adorable!!

Since Oita is quite country side, sometimes I have to travel up into the mountains to teach. I once went to this one kindergarten where there are only 6 children. When the teache told me about it, I thought she meant 6 teachers at this school. Then she said there would be 3 more children from the other side of the mountain joining us, I realized she wasn't joking!! ahhh... cute, cute, cute~~

I notice public elementary school students don't have to wear uniform. But they put on these serving uniform at lunch time to serve lunch. they look like tiny cooks!!

No comments: