
Continued from last blog, after lunch, we took the JR to a place called Uji. Uji city is full of history. Part of the world famous "Tales of Genji" novel 源氏物語 is believed to have taken place in Uji.
Uji city is also famous for this palace called Byotoyin 平等院. This was a place of worship and study of Buddhism for a very well respected scholar from the 11th century. Unfortunately, when we arrived, it was too late to go visit inside, so, I could only get some pictures from the outside. Still pretty magnificant.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
October 9th, 2006, sunny
since I had to catch the overnight ferry home that night, we decided not to go too far. So, here we are, Ritsumeikan University- sister school of University of British Columbia!
Oh yeah, there is also a clock tower at Ritsumeikan University. Imagine two more buildings on each side of this picture, that's about how big the campus is. Compared to UBC, it is rather small, but I think it is just right ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment