On top of the Kyoto train station, you can over see the city. notice that there is no other high rise than this very tall torch looking building in the centre of this picture? This tall building is the Kyoto tower. It was built for during the Olympic games in Japan in the 60s. It symbolizes candle light in the night. It in fact caused a lot of controversies when it was being built. The Kyoto ministry of landscaping insists on keeping the buildings in the city relatively the same for environment and asthetic purpose. This way everyone can see almost everywhere of Kyoto city on top of any building in Kyoto, and the traditional landscape is also maintained this way.
After visiting the top of Kyoto station, Taiko and I decided to head off to Kobe early to visit the famous Chinatown!! It was the mid-autumn festival for Chinese people this weekend, so the Chinatown was very busy and lively. Look at me with mr. Piggy. Why now, does he think his own kind is delicious?!! Well, I really miss Chinese food, it's no easy to get equivalent ingredient in Oita to cook Chinese food, so, I had Chinese burger and bubble tea for dinner, yum yum yum!!
Kobe port was the last spot I visited before my ferry. Too bad there was no ferry arriving at this beautiful harbour when I visited that weekend. Next time, I will definitely come here to explore the dramatic history of Kobe harbour.
A picture of the remains of the horrific earthquake in Kobe in 1995. Taiko says Kobe will always remain 80% revived because Kobe is always under so many attacks of nature disasters, and the city can't keep up with the reconstruction. It was too bad that I didn't have time to read and look at the pictures about Kobe earthquake on display in a memorial hall beside the harbour, yup, yup, next time......


No comments:
Post a Comment