Arrived Tokyo and met up with Mayo around 2pm on this day. I really must say and Mayo and I do work very well together. We planned our entire trip before I went to Tokyo. So, without delay, we headed for Asakusa 浅草. Asakusa is a bit north of Tokyo city central; it has a famous temple and a street of concession stands selling omiyage and snacks.
Even though I am not superstitious, it looked fun to draw a fortune. But I got #44!! (those of my Chinese friends... you know what that means....) but it was a good luck charm though. so, I thought it was very ironic and kept the descriptino slip in my journal. wahaha!!
Wondering what this is? There is a kind of Japanese food called Oden. It is similar to Chinese hotpot. What I am eating here is a kind of oden. It is seaweed cake with miso sauce on a stick! Ahhh... yummy but so salty!
After visiting many many food concessions, I concluded my lunch at Asakusa with this yummy sweet. It is candy dipped in wheat caramel. Mayo got one with strawberry in it. I think hers is probably better cuz mine was too sweet....
Right after Asakusa, we went to Akihabara 秋葉原- The Electric city. You can really find fancy electronics, and anime stuff there. Even sexy lamps!! Akihabara is great especially for geeks and nerds who are crazy for anime. (like my next door neighbour Matt ^^)
I concluded my first day in Tokyo at Akihabara. Oh yeah, this is a concession stand selling canned oden. When Mayo first told me they sell these hot in vending machines in the winter too, I couldn't believe it. Now, I saw it for myself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment