Well, Matt has been crazy about Chinese history lately, and he knows Zhuge Liang was the greatest tactician in the history of feudal China. So, here he is, happy to take a picture with this buddy, Zhuge Liang.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Nagasaki trip 2
Continued from the last post, after A-bomb museum, Matt and I headed to Chinatown for the lantern festival. Maybe I am just spoiled by the wonderful childhood memeories of the annual lantern festivals in Taiwan, but I was quite disappointed at the lantern festival in Nagasaki. But I am sure those who have been to the lantern festival in Taiwan can understand what I mean.
Well, Matt has been crazy about Chinese history lately, and he knows Zhuge Liang was the greatest tactician in the history of feudal China. So, here he is, happy to take a picture with this buddy, Zhuge Liang.
Can you see me? Am I back in ancient China? no, this is present Japan. Even though the lantern festival was a let down, nevertheless, I still enjoyed the crowd.
Did I mention the food also sucked at the lantern festival? Yeah, Matt and I couldn't find anything decent Chinese food to eat. We ended up snacking on anything we could find for dinner. I was so looking forward to getting bubble tea and Chinese burger, but.... I bought canned oten instead (お天=關東煮). Honestly, it was disgusting, way too salty, and not hot enough.
So, don't be fooled by my happy face, I would not recommend oten when you are hungry.
Well, Matt has been crazy about Chinese history lately, and he knows Zhuge Liang was the greatest tactician in the history of feudal China. So, here he is, happy to take a picture with this buddy, Zhuge Liang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment